Shaman King is back! We have known this since last June, but since this announcement, he was not filtering much of this upcoming adaptation.
Now we know more! Remember a few years ago manga author Hiroyuki Takei said on Twitter that he declined an anime proposal.
— 武井宏之 (@takeimokei) February 14, 2017
One of the two reasons was that the production could not or did not want to take over the seiyuu (voice actors) from the first series. Something that this time has been heard and answered!
We will therefore find almost all of the team present on the first series including the superstar Megumi Hayashibara. The rarely known absentees are:
- Yûko Satô, who played Yoh, the hero, which is no small feat (but the actress seems to have let go of the world of dubbing a bit). She is replaced by a heavyweight from the middle Yôko Hikasa, Mio from K-ON !, Freya in Danmachi, Rias in DxD, and so on (you’ll hear her soon in Jujutsu Kaisen). Yūko Satō, who played Yoh, the hero, which is no small feat (but the actress seems to have let go of the world of dubbing a bit). She is replaced by a heavyweight from the middle Yôko Hikasa, Mio from K-ON !, Freya in Danmachi, Rias in DxD, and so on (you’ll hear her soon in Jujutsu Kaisen).
- Shinpachi Tsuji, who played Bason (the spirit of Ren), is replaced by Kousuke Takaguchi, the Japanese voice of Falco Lombardi in Starfox.
The second reason for Takei’s refusal at the time was the inability to resume the same OST. And on this side, his position seems to have changed. And at the same time, how to blame him for being convinced? The Bridge studio brings back neither more nor less than Yuki Hayashi, the composer of My Hero Academia and Haikyû !, just that.
The opening and the ending will once again be sung by Megumi Hayashibara as at the time too, new compositions? Or Over Soul to titillate nostalgia? We do not know yet.
This new teaser also shows like the previous one that the feature of this remake sticks much more to the Takei style of now than before. The author has refined his line over the years, offering a clear and refined line that is absolutely unique. Pencil stroke that he has ironed on absolutely all the boards of his series!
This newly reworked version is currently out at Kana chez nous, which also offers the Flowers spin-off, and we hope will release the rest. Because Takei has extended his universe with the spin-off, prequel, and sequel around his baby whose custody he fiercely defended.
And you, are you waiting for this remake? Anxious? Enthusiastic? Do not hesitate to say what you think in the comments!
- Speaking of characters that look good on the ‘sea’? 2nd place ‘Free!’ - July 22, 2021
- Anime ‘Jujutsu Kaisen’ Impressions / Reviews Generational Summary - July 22, 2021
- Co-ownership of a new work of American pop art pioneer “Kenny Scharf,” which is attracting more attention in collaboration with DIOR - July 21, 2021