Facebook’s iOS SDK is resulting in a number of well-known Iphone applications to crash right now, which include Spotify, Pinterest, and Tinder. You don’t even need to have to have the Facebook app set up for other apps to crash, as developers have executed the Fb login as a result of their have apps. This is the second time the issue has happened in recent months, but there is a workaround obtainable to get the apps back again up and operating in advance of Fb fixes the issues.
Lockdown Applications, a firewall and privateness safety app on iOS, makes use of a VPN to block trackers and issues like Facebook’s iOS SDK from loading in 3rd-occasion applications. It will let applications like Spotify, Pinterest, and Tinder to launch throughout a Fb iOS SDK outage, and it is completely free of charge to use. Here’s how to get the app set up:
- Obtain Lockdown Apps from the App Retailer
- Start Lockdown Apps, and abide by the on-display tutorial
- Hit cancel when it asks you to signal up or log in
- Tap the “firewall on” button at the top of the application
- You are going to will need to agree to set up a VPN profile on your Apple iphone
- As soon as set up, you can toggle the VPN / firewall from within Lockdown Applications
- Skip the demo and applications will now function freely
This is a good momentary workaround for the Fb iOS SDK concerns, and it should function with every application that is crashing currently. If you no longer need to have Lockdown Applications soon after Facebook resolves the challenges, you can simply just remove the application, and it will also remove the VPN profile.